- What do you think about the mandate that limits residence to an 80 hour work week?
- Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Sander's take on it?
- What benefits and costs do you see from this mandate?
- What do you think could or should be done to address the costs?
- Do you think that technology will help or hinder these problems/issues?
Please post your response to the following questions by Friday evening:
- Dr. Sanders mentions several "unintended consequences of good medicine." Please pick one and elaborate/explain.
- Dr. Sanders mentions the power of touch. What does she say about touch, and do your own experiences resonate with what she says? This article from 2006 explores a different aspect of touch, medicine and the immune system. Taking both of these perspectives into account, if you were designing a training program for doctors, what might you have them do to prepare them for touching their patients?
- The final statement in chapter 4 is very charged. Please address and assess Dr. Sander's assertion.